If you want US apps like Hulu, Vudu etc before you start you must have our DNS setup on the device that you are using to sign up for the Roku account. If you don’t you will create a ‘local’ Roku account not a US one.
2.Click the link to sign in.
3.Go to ‘Create Account’.
4.’Step 1' - You need to fill in the email address you want to use and the password for the Roku account.
5.’Step 2' - Enter a PIN to authorise purchases on the Roku store.
6.’Step 3' - The Roku is now asking for billing information. You must follow the steps below depending on what payment method you want to use.
1.You can use your own street address that is associated with your credit card.
2.You will have to convert the postal code into a valid zip code.
3.Keep a note of the City associated with the new zip as you’ll need this for the account setup.
1.Take the digits from your postcode. https://ww-roku.com For example, M13 9PG will become 139.
2.Add zeros to the end if you have less than 5 digits, so 139 will become 13900
3.Use the USPS zip code tool to verify that it is a valid ZIP code.
4.If it is not a valid zip then add 1 to the last digit and try again. So, in our example 13900 is not valid so we will try 13901.
5.If it’s still not valid keep adding 1 to the last digit until you get one that’s valid.
6.If you reach 9 and you still haven’t found a valid ZIP code add 1 to the next 0. So you would have 13910, then keep adding 1 until you get a valid one.
7.In our case 13901 is the ZIP code for BINGHAMTON NY so we don’t need to continue any further. You will need to keep a note of the city and state associated with the new zip code as you need this for your Roku account set up.
The country that your Paypal is registered to does not matter.
There is no need to convert your address using the method detailed above, but you must use a valid US address. So just Google a valid US address.
In order to add US channels to your Roku device, you need a US Roku account. Follow these steps to create an American Roku account:
1. Make sure the DNS is configured correctly in your SmartDNS dashboard before you start or the following process will fail.
2. Go to and click on “Create account”.
3. Fill in the required info and click “Continue”
4. Choose a Pin and click “Continue”
5. On the next page, you will be presented with two payment method options.
6. If you choose the credit card payment option, you have to create a 5-digit zip code based on the numbers of your actual zip code related to your credit card. Example: If your real zip code is 2200 then your new zip code will be 02200. If your real zip code is A2 B3 C4 then your new zip code is 00234.